1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD jack storage solution

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by JSutter101, Jan 5, 2015.

1. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

Since the jack has to be removed to operate the plow it should have a place to store it on the plow. I picked up some Quickfist clamps and mounted them to the moldboard frame. No more sticking it behind the seat, in the bed, or leaving it behind. A Nite Ize gear tie holds the handle from flopping around.

[​IMG]

2. BD1

BD1 Member

U where reading my mind with the post

3. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

WOW yea some sort of sorcery there!

4. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

I should add, I cut some metal to reinforce the rubber clamps. The clamps only have one hole so the metal is also ziptied to the rubber and a bolt goes through both. These are the original size and are just big enough to wrap around the jack.

5. BD1

BD1 Member

Can u get a closer pic???

6. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

7. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IIRC I used some sort of Rivnut to thread the frame.

8. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

dont think itll work so well on the V blade

9. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

Toss it in the bed

10. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

I would be worried about it getting covered in snow/ice and then freezing up when i want to put the plow away. Let me know if you have issues, otherwise I really like the idea!

11. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

I got the idea from a picture I stumbled across of an HD/EX/XP. Those plows have it stowed in basically the same spot.

Page 4 and 5:
    http://www.snowdoggplows.com/ServiceManuals/16992100_E.pdf

Any part of the plow is vulnerable to icing up. Lots of snow does accumulate behind the moldboard and on top of the pivot pin. It's mostly from stacking. However, no significant ice has accumulated that could hinder access to the jack. The area around the retaining pins and foot pedals get jammed up more so with ice and snow.

I brush off the whole plow after use to keep buildup minimal. I also use self serve car wash bays regularly. I do garage my truck which may help as well. Basic maintenance, cleaning, and upkeep is key regardless.

12. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

"u" spell really well. I'll bet you're a professor or something. NOT.