1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD intermittent power

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by tsut, Feb 7, 2015.

1. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

My 2010 MD68 has me stumped. Troubleshoot guides didn't help.

Controller power shuts off intermittently when plow in use, or when vehicle in use and plow stationary. Using turn signal makes controller shut off; Hi/Low beams do so also (again, intermittently).

Very frustrating when I'm ready to raise plow and maneuver and the controller has shut off. Sometimes "wiggle" the 12V switched power line seems to get things back normal, sometimes not.

Even tried to restring the 12v (red/white) switched power at its splices; also used the always-on fuse location instead of switched fuse location. Still happened.

Help! Am I looking at problem right? Is it an in vehicle wire/controller issue, or is it the up front power and/or light connections?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

Resolved, I think. For those following or just curious -

Not the plow, not the controller, not the connectors.

Seems its the dual fuse holder that was installed in the Wrangler's fuse panel (behind the glovebox) in the switched cig-lighter fuse. Has 12V power there to the cig-socket, but intermittent to secondary going to the controller.

I WAS able to get reliable operation directly powering plow circuit from a hot line to the 12V-enable (red-white) wire. Think I'll put an in-line fuse and be done.

Tom
    still hating intermittent electrical issues