1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD II problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by SteveR, Dec 26, 2006.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I have had trouble with my plow since I bought it in 01.. It seems to allways lead back to the plug in. Is there a replacment system that I can install to fix it. All the pins look clean and I use dielectric lube on it.. Im gettting close to getting rid of the thing.:help: :gunsfiring:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do away with the original 15 pin plug and wire 2 of these in: http://order.waytekwire.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?WEBEVENT+L0C68809384F10100E768012+M37+ENG I use them just for the problems your having as the multi pin plug has been a problem with the MD2 plow's for a long time. You'll also need a connector for the battery cable's too.Here's what I use:http://order.waytekwire.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?WEBEVENT+L0C6882908201810017B8012+M37+ENG These style connector's are a huge improvement over the factory plug.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I spent all day today messing around with one. Damn lights would work but the pump would. Then the pump would but then not the lights. I personally hate this meyer more than any other POS they build. Trade it.
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

why not use the old style Meyer's harnesses, the power pig tail on the pump, the heavy leads from the truck side, headlamp harness plugs and control harness with the three small plugs?

I've done this to a MDII and its a few extra plugs to deal with but they work, The old way still works so why try to re-invent the wheel?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea their's no reason you couldn't do it that way but alot of people dont like 3 plugs on there truck let alone six.That's why I try to stick with a multi pin plug.