1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Md 75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cpipke, Dec 29, 2009.

1. cpipke

cpipke Junior Member
    from Ohio

I bought a new MD 75 I like it but it does not seem to give me a very clean scrap does the chain need to be adjusted? it does not seem to have any slack in the chain when on the pavement.
  2. micklock

micklock Senior Member

You could adjust your lowering quill, I turned mine out 1/2 turn so the plow drops faster. I think it might help it float better. I noticed mine doesn't scape as good as my western pro but it's about half the weight.
  3. Mactonite

Mactonite Junior Member

I also have noticed the same thing, but I think it's because of the light weight of the plow and also no down pressure. My chain is also tight when plow is on the ground.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Guys - you can adjust the chain. Loosen the top shield (the stainless piece) - pull out a link or two of chain, and there you are...
  5. cpipke

cpipke Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the help