1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD 75 - Shock for trip blade?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by brg, Jan 15, 2011.

1. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

I bought a new MD75 for my 1999 f150 last year and it works great. The only thing I don't like, is when the blade trips, the springs pull it back with a loud bang. I was thinking of adding a shock to slow the return speed. Anyone else thought about this or have any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I have seen some on other plows and was wondering about that also
  3. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

Yeah the return is quite violent. For as simple as a shock is you think it would just be built into every full trip plow.
  4. MGriffin

MGriffin Junior Member

This seems like a very good idea.
  5. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this sometime. I'm thinking I should wait until summer when my warranty is over as I will have to weld some brackets onto the frame. Not sure if that would void the warranty or not.
  6. ppap

ppap Junior Member

Great idea. The only concern is where to mount it and what size shock to use. These details are going to determine its effectiveness. Maybe the engineers at Snowdogg can come up with a solution the way the guys at Boss did. :D
  7. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

western has 2 on there big plows so just look how they do it and copy there idea
  8. stotts1

stotts1 Member

that would be great, its a huge shock every time it comes back:dizzy: