1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD 75 only angles left!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by h2otoo, Feb 21, 2015.

1. h2otoo

h2otoo Junior Member

Been having control problems with the plow, sometimes it will not raise up while plowing, now it will not angle right, but goes left when the right arrow is pressed. Left arrow goes left, as it should. Plow is pretty much useless as it is and more snow coming. I did clean the plug-in contacts, and the spring cages are intact. Any ideas?

~Bob

2. h2otoo

h2otoo Junior Member

OK, I see in the troubleshooting section is says to check for voltage at SC and check spool for movement and contaminates. Can I just take the valve out of the body and re install it without damaging any seals? I am great at taking things apart, not so great at getting them back together...

~Bob

3. blue22580

blue22580 Junior Member

Bad solenoid?

4. h2otoo

h2otoo Junior Member

I think it was just "dirty", when I removed it from the valve stem (?) the stem was covered with oxidization, clean it and it seems to help, still having issues somewhere. Maybe the hand held unit.

~Bob

5. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I may be mistaken but isn't the fail safe left? Sounds to me contamination of some kind but take that with a grain of salt I am no mechanic myself and have learned alot from this site.

6. h2otoo

h2otoo Junior Member

Yes, that is my understanding, left is the "default". I does work better now that I removed the coil and cleaned the valve "stem". I did not pull the valve, but is on my to do list.

~Bob