1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD 75 Cracked Frame

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Masonssr, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

My first post. I hope this works. As you can see in the pictures, frame is cracked on top and bottom. It's still under warranty. Going to call the dealer tomorrow. Would anyone think it would be best to have it welded or get a new frame? The dealer IroQuois in Hinesburg, Vt. have been great to work with in the pass. Hope so this time. Anyone have thoughts on this? Thank You.

P3130241.jpg

P3130240.jpg

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

how long did you work with the plow? Doesn't look very rigid to me.
    I would weld another 1/4" strip on both sides to re-enforce if welding is the option.

3. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

I only do my own 1200 foot driveway. Last winter about 4 times, this winter we have lots of snow so I would say about every week or more.

4. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

I bought a MD75 this year at the start of the season and judging by the pictures it looks like they modified it to beef it up.

P1013291.jpg

P1013292.jpg

5. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

I would definitely want a new piece, which I would hope would be the newer(?) style. How old is your plow? I bought mine in November of 2009 and it is like Sinboo50's.

6. tyke

tyke Junior Member

Same spot as where the frame of my ex 80 cracked,except mine was entirely on the bottom only.

This summer i think i will beef mine up top and bottom just to be sure.

It must be a problem with many plows as the newer ones have been modified in that area,as posted by sinboo50.

I never went to a dealer,just repaired it myself,hoping it stays fixed!

Mike

7. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

My Invoice date (Nov.06.2009) We bought at the same time, so looks like I got the old style and you got the new style. Would you think this is the case?

8. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

This looks like they should be a recalling this.If that happens to mine i would be pist.This shouldnt be happening this much already.If they changed design they should have a fix for what they have sold already.

9. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Kind of looks like that to me. Mine is serial # 3038. Is yours a lower # ?

I'm sure they've updated other parts since mine was made too.

10. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

WOW My Ser.# 1288

11. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

That is a big difference. Must of been sitting at the dealers for awhile?:confused:

Did you call the dealer?

12. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

Called them this morning. He said he would order the new style. I asked him to go on this site and look at my frame to see if he thought I could plow with it until the new one comes in. He didn't call me back yet. I'm sure we will get more snow this spring and it will be wet and heavy.

13. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

New A Frame

I was at the dealer at 8 AM this morning, out by 9 AM with the new A frame. :mechanic:

14. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Glad to hear it. Thumbs Up From what I've read on here, Buyers does stand behind their product.

15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Got the new version I hope!

16. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

Yes it's the heavy duty one like Sinboo50 posted in post #4.

17. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

This is what mine looks like. Scott is this something that should be a recall ,since now they changed to beefier design? Please chime in.