1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

md 68 update

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RangerDogg, Nov 13, 2009.

1. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Hey guys just wanted to give an up date on plow.It plowed great last year very fast and great throwing action .Well i pulled plow out of garage for up coming winter and plow wouldn't go side to side checked fluid and it was low. Before i put it away last season dealer fixed a valve and plowed once after and then put away.So plowed once and put it away.Called up my dealer and brought it down.The pistons were real tight they asked if i tightened anything up.Well after 1 week i called and they fixed all seals on the motor and had to replace both pistons The lift one was fine .Picked it up and tested with the dealer for 15 minutes NO LEAKES .So hopefully i will be allset for the winter.Just guess i got a bad one, pistons on there way to snowdogg to see what happened dealer said the piston looked like it had something in it.Glad they stick behind their plows.

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

May I ask who was the distributor?
    I also have MD-68, great plow..for my jeep, it was a good decision. the jack to remove the plow could e better improved though.
    Happy Plowing :drinkup:

3. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

yes the jack stand is not the best.It was martel welding in tewksbury ,ma they have been great always take care of me.How long have you had your plow and what do you think of it.

4. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I have had it for two years going on three, there's been word the welds break easy; haven't had a problem thus far.
    I purchased this plow through rh scales located in westwood (very large supplier of plow and trailer items; great deal I thought for the $$$. I primarily use the plow for small clean-up and in between obstacles etc;
    I wish the would make wings for this size, hopefully next year. I have noticed it quits/automatically when pushing a fair amount of snow; the plow blade either goes left or right. I'm hopeful theres a valve setting for this not to happen; Have to realize though its not a 3/4 or 1 ton truck pushing.
    Best of luck with yours.

5. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Well had to drop off my md again after our first storm in mass 2 weeks ago.The fluid was still coming out of the motor area .Snowdogg approved my dealer to change motor picked it up today so hopefully no more problems.I luv the plow but its a pain to keep going back.We shall see

6. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Geeze...I hate problems with brand new stuff...I hope it stays "fixed" for you and you have seen the last of the return trips...
    I would buy one of these in the future when I get my Jeep Wrangler so I am curious to see how they stand up...
    I have a SnowWay on my F250 Super duty and it's been trouble free for 3 years so far...good luck! (better knock on some dang wood now...) :eek:

7. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Ya i hope i have no more problems .I think i just got the problem child.The dealer said that im the only one out of all he has sold the last year.Just one md 75 that just had valves changed .I really think this company will go far.The only thing that i dont like is the jack that needs some help.I do have to say they take care of their product .I know that smoorman is always on top of dealer that have plow problems .Have a great season also.Im hopeing to buy another superduty next year i had to sell mine 3 years ago to buy a house,really miss it.How do you like your snowaway.

8. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I love the SnoWay...it's the only plow I've owned but it does everything well. The down pressure is just unbelievable...push a button and it kicks the whole front end up and scrapes down to pavement in most cases...the wireless remote controller is awesome too...don't know how I would ever go to a wired one after using this...the freedom of using it with either hand is awesome...good luck with the Snowdogg!

9. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Hey plowtime my plow does the same thing ,it seems like it does it when snow is to heavy.I asked the plow dealer he said it does it because you dont bust your plow but i hsve never had one like it .I think it does it so it doesn't plow a piston .Yes i would also love to have a set of wings for mine.I know smoorman said they are workin on more wings maybe for smaller plows .

10. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I was just going to ask about this plow. Anyone go from a westrn sport utility 6'6" to the snowdogg 6'8"md? I was in a jam last year and got this western installed for $3200. But the cutting edge is 1/4 inch, angle rams are 1"x6" , mold board is 23" and 4 support ribs. Looking at this snoggdog seems like a stronger plow, 3/8 cutting edge, angle rams 1.5"x10, mold board is 24", support ribs 6, and the plow is 50lbs heavier and 2" wider. Dealer has a 6'8" md on lot and if I can get a good trade what would you guys do?

11. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

green frog my md has only 4 ribs the md 75 has 6.I do think it is a good plow it is a good value for the money.The jack is horrible .The control is nice .I think the company will do well

12. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

Did ur motor look like it was leaking around the valves? Mine has fluid up there but I cant tell if its coming out of the vent or not.

13. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

ya it was leaking around all the solonoids and valves.He changed all mine and took it all apart so he changed it.

14. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Well i plowed the storm this weekend in mass .I looked to see if i had any leaks and know i had fluid comeing out my new pistons out of the front lowering valve and on the side of motor not sure .But i tightened it all down some things where loose.So i will see next storm i hope this works.Because im sick of going back and forth its not fair .