1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MCM Outfitters Plowing Season 2009-2010

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AiRhed, Jan 7, 2010.

1. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Having one of these seems to be the PS thing to do. So I'll post all the pictures from this season here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

If you own one of these, you've done two or more of these...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

The view from the bottom....

[​IMG]

The View From the Top.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

5. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Yep...the other guy pulled up, got out, walked to the gate, walked back to his truck, and left. This one was uphill, to the left, hard right at the top through a 3' drift/cornice, then a third gear, all six tires churnin push to the gate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank You Grizzly Grips....
    [​IMG]

6. APLC

APLC Senior Member

good truck and plow combo bet it pushes snow like a beast plus black and red look so good :nod:

7. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

After clearing the parking and access area ontop of the hill, it was time to go back down and widen the road/clean up the drifts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Thanks, it sure does push a lot of snow. I would say, that there's actually too much torq with the diesel and the upgrades. I find myself spinning the tires a lot when transitioning from reverse to first gear. I'd have to ride the clutch to keep em from loosing grip.

I like the black and red too. I think I'll stick with the theme with all the future trucks as well.

9. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a wild tower chase.....oh there it is!
    [​IMG]

10. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Boldly going where no truck has gone before....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is WAAAAAYYY back there. The road weaves along the edge of the treeline finally reaching the tower after 1.5 miles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

[​IMG]

How's that for a clean scrape? I am very impressed with the Boss V-XT. It rooster tails that snow way off the moldboard and out into the shoulder. No cutting banks back as long as you keep it over 20mph.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  12. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Da...dada...daaaaa....

Finally figured out how to insert video.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, those are some pretty sweet tires you have on your Dodge.

14. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures. How many of those roads do you do? What size is that blade?

15. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Yea, I definitely like the tires. They are Chinese so I was Skeptical. But they're made by National tire and National makes pro-comp.

We've got a total of 17 towers plus the 13 jobs he's got in town. I did 11.5 of them during the pictured storm. One of the sites he was at had 3' of snow. Deepest it got for me was 2'.

The plow is a 9'2" V-XT. 2008 model

16. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice pictures, your truck sounds sweet :drinkup:

17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics....you do nice work. The set-up you have is awsome. Do you work for roy?

18. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Thanks. It's my first year, so it's good to know I'm doing a couple things right. I wasn't sure how the truck would be for a plow rig. All in all I'm very happy with it. It looks especially mean when it's covered in salt brine and dirt. I like feeling confident that there's really not much that could get it stuck.

Roy did have to come pull me out in his new Gasser 2500 when I just slipped off the edge. I got the V hung up on the stack.:eek: Pretty embarassing.

19. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

It looked like a 8'2" to me thats why i asked. Nice set up, keep the pictures coming.

20. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

v-xt does live up to its name it those throw snow way further :eek: