1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mcgrevy Declares State of Emergency

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NNJSnow, Feb 16, 2003.

1. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

New Jersey is now in a State of Emeregency.

The area could see up to 1ft. of snow. Washinton D.C. is getting hit hard already has a foot and culd finish the storm with 16-18" of snow. Thes storm is very strong, the area is under a winter storm watch.Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CHESTER PA-HUNTERDON NJ-LEHIGH PA-MERCER NJ- MIDDLESEX NJ-MONTGOMERY PA-MORRIS NJ-NORTHAMPTON PA-SOMERSET NJ- SUSSEX NJ-WARREN NJ-
    ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE MONDAY...

HEAVY SNOW WILL SPREAD NORTHWARD AND CONTINUE OVER THE REGION INTO MONDAY EVENING. STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO 20 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO MONDAY WHICH WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

TRAVEL WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT. POSTPONE ANY TRAVEL THAT IS NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. BY STAYING OFF THE ROADWAYS...HIGHWAY CREWS ARE BETTER ABLE TO KEEP ROADS PASSABLE SO EMERGENCY VEHICLES MAY STILL TRAVEL.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR LOCAL MEDIA FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THIS MAJOR WINTER WEATHER EVENT.

Sunday night into Monday event.

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

WOW

Not quite north enough for me though.

3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

sounds like fun...lets put the plows on and go!!!:rolleyes:

brian

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Illinois is under a state of emergency too..... no freakin' snow.... 6" of rain equivilant moisture down since last Sept. would be nice to see anything

5. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

News Channel 2 just said 18"+ for my area with blizzard like conditions. My towns got their wingtiped plows on the single axle trucks as well as the county. Its gonna be a hell of the storm. There are NJDOT Trucks all up and down the highways along the shoulder waiting. Snow should begin about 5:00. Good Luck!

6. Sndun

Sndun Member

Bring it on. I just finished installing my new salter (to be discussed later). Going to eat a nice meal with my family and wait for it to start.

It should be fun. :D
    Good luck everyone!!!

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Ahhh... the last nourishing, good, homecooked meal for several days. I'm enjoying it now before heading out to start the counterattack against Mother Nature. She seems to be really serious this time, and this will be an epic battle. May the best man win! For everyone who will get hit who isn't out yet, Have fun & be safe! Talk to everyone in a few days. Just about 2" down now and snowing moderately.

8. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

Damn it to far north for me to.. I can put a convoy together for help if needed.... Good luck gents...Play safe

Rick

9. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

calling for up to 2 feet here. Gonna go out in a few hours. See yall in afew days. :waving:

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Here's what we're expecting:

EASTERN DUTCHESS NY-EASTERN ULSTER NY-LITCHFIELD CT- WESTERN DUTCHESS NY-WESTERN ULSTER NY- 1012 PM EST SUN FEB 16 2003

...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CONTINUES A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT FOR ULSTER AND DUTCHESS COUNTIES IN NEW YORK AND LITCHFIELD COUNTY IN CONNECTICUT...

SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL DEVELOP SHORTLY BEFORE DAYBREAK ON MONDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF MONDAY NIGHT. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ON MONDAY...WITH ANOTHER 4 TO 8 INCHES MONDAY NIGHT...RESULTING IN A TOTAL OF 8 TO 16 INCHES BY THE TIME THE SNOW TAPERS OFF LATE MONDAY NIGHT. THE STORM MAY CONTAIN INTENSE BANDS OF SNOW WHICH WOULD RESULT IN SOME LOCALLY HIGHER ACCUMULATIONS AND WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS ALSO EXPECTED ESPECIALLY OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN. IN ADDITION...THE SNOW TO LIQUID RATIO WILL BE CRITICAL FOR DETERMINING THE EXACT SNOWFALL AMOUNT.

11. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

what only a foot, here in buffalo we are just getting warmed up :)