1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MBV updates?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Ctll, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

my dealer called yesterday and told me there was an update he was sending me for my MBV something about pins and bolts at mounting plate I think. I not sure I was in a tree stand trying to be quiet. Any Ideas what they are sending me? Dealer is 1.5 hours from me because local one 15 min away closed a month ago.
    Also has any one noticed that there wings sometimes swing all the way to v position after you let go of the button. We have yet to get a plowable snow so i don't know if it holds under load or not.

2. schuitb

schuitb Member

Wings

Hey,, I haven't heard anything from my dealer about the nuts and bolts..

About the wings, I have the samething.. when plow is lifted the wings will fold into v even leting go of the button just past halfway folding.. I've only had the plow in use for 2 hours so far and didn't notice this being a problem yet.. too busy trying other things.. Will focus on this next time..

3. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

I don't know I'll see when they arrive what it is. If you had the dealer install plow maybe they did the update when they installed it?
    Does yours fold into vee every time you go past halfway back or just sometimes?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you using a marco to retract your wings? If so, when it gets to the angle you want it, tap the button again and it will stop.

5. nelly

nelly Junior Member

they sent me the upgrade, just some bolts and brackets.

6. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

They have shipped it to me I was just wondering what it was as I will not get it for a couple of days i am sure.

Nope, I am not using the macro it does it when I am using the wing control buttons. If I pull the wing back between straight and half way back I stops but if you go father back it just keeps swinging all the way back unless i hit the wing forward buton to stop it. Only notice it when I have it lifted all the way up. I still have not plowed with it so I have had lots of time to look at it, without using it. I have it on the truck driving around with it just to get used to the scoop wings.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try loosening the screws that hold the control together. Not a lot just half a turn.

8. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Is it on the drivers side?

One of my customers was having the same problem. I talked to Andy at Sno Way and he sent me two different types of check valves to do a test to see which one works the best. Did I mention he sent them free! We put them in the plow this past week. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Contact your dealer and have him call Andy. He is aware of the problem and it's about a 5 minute fix.

9. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

It's not a control problem. It's a hydraulic problem.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

But the controls do stick (joy stick sticks) and this will fix it.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No, the problem is a control issue. The hydraulics could not continue to operate unless they are still receiving a signal. Hydraulics would not provide signals to the electronics (i.e. the 12 volt motor solenoid) required for operation.

12. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Trust me I have been on the phone with Sno Way about the problem probably 30 times. You hit the button to move the wing back when the plow is in the up position and it just falls until it stops. It's not a control issue. It's a problem with the check valves. We replaced the check valves and it's fine now. Call Andy. He will tell what it is doing.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I mis-understood I thought the motor continued to power the wings rearward.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thanks for the tip

15. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

when i was in straight mode today the right wing kept going forward when I was backdragging. it just floats forward all the way. It stopped after the 5th driveway, what would cause this?
    the plow has about 30 hours on it already. The right wing seems to be real slow as well especially when it gets warm. It just creeps back and after awhile it starts to act normal again. Any ideas???

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sound like the same issue, to soft a check vavles could cause that problem.

s_melchi what is the part number for the correct check valve? Wondering if I have them in stock or need to order them just in case.

17. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

Mine does it on both sides but mostly on the passenger side wing, I 'll call dealer on Monday to have him talk to Andy at Snoway about it.
    Thanks

18. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

no problem but you guys keep me posted on the fix, its calling for more snow all damn week so downtime is not an option. lol

19. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

There is no correct or approved check valve as of yet. We are just testing two different types for Sno Way to see which one works best. I would advise not changing the valves on any plow until you talk to Andy.

It was a Sno Way part #-96109146. They have very few in stock. That part worked better than the Deltro vavle that Andy sent me. This is by no means a Sno Way recommended fix as of yet. They have us doing some testing for them. So don't take my experience for a Sno Way approved fix.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  20. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I've just been advised by our engineering manager that they had over 16 hours of plowing time this weekend as well as numerous hours in the R & D shop testing various solutions. We are working diligently to resolve these issues and appreciate your patience.