1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MAYDAY!!! Boss RT3 help!!! Pin for connector broke! Snow is coming now!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rusty_keg_3, Dec 9, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Ok, i was getting my truck ready to go out because the snow is suppost to fly like now. And on the plow side one of my pins broke off... I dont know what its function is but now i cant get the plow to hook up... What should i do???

Its a 13 pin (now 12)... Its a 8' 2" 09 Poly Vee... On an 09 Chevy Silverado 3500HD...

What dose this pin control, any way to fix it? the plow place is closed!!!

Ohh, incase any1 cant tell its the top left one...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

that is for the solenoid command for the smarthitch. put the control in float and push the headgear up by hand that how it was done before we had smarthitch.You can get a replacement plug end from Boss dealer part # MSC04754.
  3. rusty_keg_3

Ok, thanks... I would assume it is... But is it vital... What dose it do? Any temporary fixes...

I think how you said it its not ultra important... So it should still raise, lower, the sides should move and lights should work... Right
  4. Yep put it on by hand and plow then when your done cut it off and just get a new plug end and splice away but use heat shrink on them please
  5. rusty_keg_3

Ok, i just looked it up, im very relieved... Its only gonna be like $40... Phew!

Ok, i will have to pick it up tomorrow probably if i get a chance...
  6. rusty_keg_3

Thanks a million!!! Its hooked up and ready to go... I really appreciate the speedy response... Unfortunately theirs no sign of snow yet...