1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maybe it's the area

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buddhaman, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Maybe it's just the area, I live in north central Wisconsin. The town has a population of about 8000. I see prices in the $50 dollar range for a typical residential driveway on here. I charge about $20 a driveway, shoveling the walk to the front porch and in front of the garage. Maybe it's just the area or I'm really just too cheap.

2. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Drives here average $30-$40 per drive. A rather large drive can get you $40 but that is about it.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

For a small res we charge $35NO sidewalk!! and it better not be far away eather or the price goes up again.
    If they can sweat talk me into doing the sidewalks it will be another $30 to $35 for 15 to 20 ft of walk. I have stopped doing sidewalks, I only do sidewalks at 2 commercial accounts. I don't do them, I bid them high enough to hire a shoveler to do it.
    I can make more money from the drivers seat of the truck, than I can holding a shovel and letting the truck sit.
    I have stopped taking on any more residential accounts than I have now.(only comershal) The only time I will do one that is not on the list is as a favor or a sever Storm hits and I can charge an arm and a leg or two to plow the drive.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Most all my rezi's are about $30-45, but no sidewalks at all, I flat out refuse to do them. Our driveways around here typically are pretty long too, not like in a city where most are 50-75ft long. Ours range from 300ft to 1/4 mile, and one problem here is every Tom, Dick & Harry has a plow on their truck so many people get plowed for free or a very small amount of $ as some guys just do it for fun.

So Buddhaman, it all depends on your area. Last year it was real cheap around here and I had some question my rates, but once they realized that their lot would be open without fail before business opened, they spread the word that I was reliable and worth a few bucks more and actually got referrals.

Buck

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006