1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Max Tire Size

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 04f250xlt, Dec 20, 2006.

1. 04f250xlt

04f250xlt Junior Member

Hi Guys,
    Looking to purchase myself some new sneakers for my truck, I am looking to move to a 285/75/16 BFG AT, from the stock 265

I assume that I can make this move with out any tire rub and I am sure some guys out here have already done so

I have a 2004 SC xlt

Your Thoughts??

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yes you can

You can put them on without any rub I have them ln my 99 with no problem. I run 315/75/16 in the summer no problem at all.

3. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

I have some 285's on my 01 F-250. They Seem to fill up the cap more, and there is no tire rub.

4. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

You can go up to 305's on a 8" inch rim without any rubbing. If you go to a wider rim, you will rub on anything bigger than a 285.

5. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Speedo

I think you need to have the speedometer calabrated to the size tire you put on too. I have a 99 with 305s and no trouble at all.