1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Max Energy E-CON worth it?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by red07gsxr, Sep 28, 2008.

1. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i was thinking about getting a Max Energy E-CON power programmers from Hypertech. i was going to put in on my 07 avalanche. i dont pull or plow or anything with this truck. just my daily driver. is it worth spending the $330 for the programer. are the mpg differnece really noticeable. i just dont want to spend $330 for 1mpg difference.

2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

I would personally get a custom made tune from Blackbear performance. He knows his stuff about gm; its also only $150

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed. Don't waste money on an off the shelf programmer as they just leave to much potential on the table.

Go to Black Bear, Westers, pcmforless, or Nelsons for a custom tuned ECM. You'll gain much more with the same amount of expense...or in many cases less.

4. 08 2500HD

08 2500HD Junior Member
    from Indiana

Would these custom made tuners void the warranty on a new vehicle though?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most vehicles that have been tuned are undetectable by a dealer technician.

I did say most...the auto manufactures are getting smarter every year. ;)

6. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i understand that, but i would likes some comments on the e-con

7. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

You will get better mileage of a custom tune than a stock program from E-con or whatever that crap is. All vehicles run differently, and with different drivers it will affect it more. CUSTOM TUNES are the ONLY WAY to GO! I know several people that have d-max's, that have a power programmers and were getting 21 almost 22. One of them just purchased efi live, got even more power and now are hitting 23 almost 24. Sorry to sound like a dick, but i think pre-manufactured stuff is worthless. Just want you to get the most bang for your buck you know? payup