1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GLS, Jan 16, 2002.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Has anybody ever heard of these?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It almost looks like a joke! Unless you had a lot of snow or muddy terrain, I don't see how they would work too well, but I might be wrong.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, they use them up here. They were much more common on Model A's and before paved roads. Still good for poorly or non-maintained roads (which Maine has several). Just can't drive very fast or turn very sharp. But it will go anywhere - up over drifts...
  3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Here's the heavy-duty model! :D

This was actually done during the development of the elevated sprocket Cat dozers, never actually sold 988's equipped this way. Too bad................... :p

track 988.jpg
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I hate to think what they must cost!
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

There is a ski resort in VT that has them on a Chevy. Can't remember which one. Maybe Stowe? They use it for bringing materials up to the top during the winter. Not sure how well they work exactly.
  6. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

I've seen them in the off road mag's.
  7. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

They might look good on that Porsche in that other thread...
  8. northeast

northeast Junior Member

Our local snowmobile club has them on a chevy s-10 blazer for pulling a 16 ft. trail drag,works awsome.
  9. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

lot O dough

I seem to rember seeing a price for a set at (hold you breath) $17,000.00! Could be wrong though.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm not sure but I do remember seeing those on a TNN truck show and them saying they are 2k+ for each unit, but that was a long time ago (a few years) so I could easily be wrong :rolleyes: .