1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Matchinging the proper plow for your truck.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Aug 11, 2004.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Match the proper plor for your truck

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Ok, are you just making a statement or what?

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Im sorry about that. Com. went down coudn't finish. What I would like to say is a lot of people tend to put too big a plow on their truck and performance suffers and the truck gets abused and ends in premature death.

4. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

amen brother! I tried putting a 8.2' Boss V-plow on my truck.....airbags in the coils and truck will hold it fine right??? with the plow up, the truck didn't sag much, till on the way to my FIRST plow job EVER the the drivers side upper ball joint snapped, followed by the lower ball joint, followed by a crapload of cursing....The Next day I sold that V-Plow for 1500 bucks and got a used sno-way...along with taking my truck to curts auto service for a 1600 dollar repair job. Respect your trucks GVCW rating!
    :salute: