1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Matching question ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tauan2007, Dec 28, 2008.

1. tauan2007

tauan2007 Junior Member

I know its a newbie question and its somewhere in here but im not too good with forums and am kind of running out of time since i have to have my plow on for next storm. I got tired of working for other people so I decided to get my own truck and plow... I just bought a 2002 f250 super-duty. I don't know much about plow installation and matching... I found a fisher 7'5" minute mount plow for a reasonable price and was wondering if it would fit my truck ? the plow comes with everything ready to plug and play. I dont have any of the side parts so i'm trying to figure out what i need to buy. I got the fisher push plates for my truck now I need the joystick and the wiring... But what kind of wiring? Can somebody explain ? does it have to be for my truck ? is there anything else I need?

Thanks guys anything will be a big help.
  2. tauan2007

tauan2007 Junior Member

I've been reading and it says i need the control harness... lighting harness and the 3 port isolation module? is that right? do all minute mounts take that ?
  3. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

thats a pretty small plow for a super duty! The undercarriage, wiring etc may end up costing you 700-1000.00 if off another brand truck.

Ask what it was on first, AGE? Price.....

How much are they asking for plow?
  4. tauan2007

tauan2007 Junior Member

its was on a 2000 gmc...I know its a small plow but i only need it to plow driveways. is that really stupid to get a 7'6 for a f250 ? i figured instead of getteng a 8" which isnt that much bigger and will cost me way more i'd just get this one. its like new never been painted still the original paint he's asking 1400$. another thing is.... I bought an undercarriage that fits my truck. Will it fit any fisher plow?
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might try posing in the Meyer / Fisher section ( Plows )
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

The 7.6 wont look stupid as long as you get the HD one not the RD one. RD will look kinda stupid. As for the 8ft you may think its cost isnt worth it. But loot at this way. You cant plow your driveways till the snow is over. So when snow is falling you sitting there twitling your thumbs. And then if we only get 3 inches with todays economy you will get alot of dont bother it will melt off. But if you get an 8ft you can easily get sub contract work at 60/hr+ while it snows then go hit your driveways. think about it, Storm before xmas. On the south shore the snow never stoped. People got 50-60 hours in, My sub Contract guy owes me $3000 right now. Alot of Contractors only want an 8ft at least. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

angle a 7.5 foot plow, and you will be driving on the edges of the push.
    angle a 8 foot plow, and you will be driving on cleared road.
  8. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Go with at least an 8, if not an 8.5. I plow mostly drives with an 8.5 and I wouldnt want anything less that that.
  9. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

the superduty is extreemly common for plows. you should easily be able to find a used plow with a mount and wiring for your application for around the same dollar amount. good luck
  10. tauan2007

tauan2007 Junior Member

Ok soo i just got an 8" hd MM2 pretty much unused because a buddies truck got repossessed he had no idea of the price of the plow because it came with the truck. i payed 1400 for it and think thats a good deal. Since they took the truck with everything he only had the plow side parts. all the truck side parts are gone. I know i need the push plates, control, and the 3 port module anything else i need?