1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mastercraft Courser MSR Studded

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by FordFisherman, Jan 25, 2013.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Anybody run these? How do they perform? Price? Wear? Looking into a set of 235's.

2. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I run courser msr 245's without studs, They are great. Very good traction, The price isn't terrible, I think I paid $1100 for 2 sets installed in 2011. I get about 2 years out of them running them year round, probably aroung 15,000 miles give or take.

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I've found, over the years, that mastercrapt brand tires tend to wear quickly. Poor rubber.

4. meborder

meborder Senior Member

first time i've heard anything about poor quality.

they're made by cooper.

i've never used them, but i see a lot of them around town. I was going to get Mastercrafts, but just before i pulled the trigger the Coopers went on sale so i got those instead.

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Got a set put on. 235/85/16. Beefy tread, look good, now all we need is some snow. They are dedicated snow tires so if I get 4 or 5 seasons at 6000mi. per season I'll be more than happy. Will give performance results soon hopefully.

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

It really doesn't matter who they're made by, its a private store brand sold at a discount. Most manufacturers will tend to cut quality for this kind of deal, sell the good ones under their own "premium" brand.