1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massey with Normand Blower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IMAGE, Oct 28, 2012.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

New tractor setup for blowing driveways this winter. The Massey sure looks nice with the Normand!

Massey.jpg

Massey.jpg

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, looks sweet, is this your first tractor/blower setup?

3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Nice set up Steve.

4. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Would like to hear the tractor specs. This is a lot smaller than the tractors you used last year?

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks! No it's not my first, I ran 100hp Cat Challengers last yr with Normand Inverted blowers. However those were rented, this one I own.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks Herm! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your new toys this winter :)

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

It is a lot smaller. It's size is comparable to a Kubota 7040. It weighs a little under 8000 lbs with the front weights and filled tires. It's only 55hp pto, but going by what I've heard from others with tractors this size it should still work fine. I've got a 92" on it now, might try an 82" on it sometime just to compare also.

8. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Offutt has this picture on his garage wall with a big red cross across it.

9. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

looks good Steve, but on the small side... Why not just rent again?
    Will you be adding more than one?

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

LMAO!! I'm sure a few other local contractors don't like me either.

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

The tractors I rented last yr are not available this yr, and none of the other local dealers rent AG tractors. There are dealers a few hrs away that do rent, but what can I expect for service from them so far away?

So this yr I decided to not do sidewalks anymore, that cut my customer base dramatically. And now I'm just doing one route with one tractor. I also shrunk my route into a denser area since only one machine, so that dropped almost 50 more too. At least this yr should be almost stress free with no sidewalks and less employees.

12. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Steve, Thanks for inviting me over to check out your MF tractor couple days ago. Thumbs Up Nice tractor for its size especially avoiding basketball hoops.

13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Ha! Thanks for replacing a blower motor while you were there! My mom says its working great :)

You bring up a good point Paul... Those f'n basket ball hoops are a PITA to watch out for in the bigger tractors, I know I inked a few with the roof last yr too!

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Looks great Steve!.....are you purposely leaving the front tires on backwards?

15. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

You're welcome bud. It was great to meet your mom. Yep, I agree on those damn bb hoops! Those damn thing scratched up my roof sides. Low lying/crooked standing tree branches broke the beacon light on my tractor but I fixed it the next day by shortened the holder pipe and drilled new holes. I think I told you about that already lol!

16. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

No, just haven't gotten around to flipping them back yet. They were flipped to narrow it to fit on my trailer when I bought it.

17. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

I wouldn't worry about other contractors, they have sugar beets in their ears. However, waking up and finding french fries 2 ft deep around that tractor is a possibilty

18. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

What is the top speed on a machine that size?

19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

This one has 19 mph top speed. Some had a 25mph transmission though.