1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massey Ferguson GC2300

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by BlizzardBeater, Mar 6, 2011.

1. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Need to add another tractor to the fleet. Been using a Kubota BX2350 and it has been great! Small enough to be light when needed but more power than the tractor has weight for. I have found a great deal on a Massey Ferguson GC2300 several hundred miles away. It has about 150 hours on it and is in the same class as the BX2350. My question is, will I be disappointed when comparing it to the Bota? Any problems I should be aware of with the MF? Be used mostly for landscaping and general small loader jobs. I have also posted in the heavy equipment forum trying to get the most input possible

2. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Well my friend has Massy but a big one, and he really use it everyday with no problems, but I don't know about the compact one of them, I have a little b7200 4 WD kubota and I love it for my garden.

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Didn't know Massey was still around. Haven't seen a new one in forever.

4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Names still around. AGCO makes them. Just compacts I believe though. But I could be wrong. They might still be making big FWA tractors

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

I have a gc 2300 and it is great, powerful little machine, but a workhorse, I believe it is a Iseki tractor.

6. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

The motors are iseki's which in my opinion are bulletproof.

7. TheRealBuzz

TheRealBuzz Member
    from ON, CAN

I just switched from a Kabota BX series to a Massy GC series and find them to be just as solid, maybe even better. I've found that Kubota has started cheeping out on there smaller machines as they start trying to work there way into the big machine market and it's the opposite for the other like deere and massey as they try to break the hold kubota has had on the SCUT market for years.

8. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

Decided to go with a new BX2360 instead. Cant beat 0% financing. And of course, it comes free with that new tractor smell! Thumbs Up

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Awesome Enjoy! Thumbs Up :nod:

Normand is coming out with a new series of blowers and I think there will be one about perfect for that tractor if you need. I don't have all the info on the new line yet, but if you want I can get it for you.

10. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

If they plan on building them with traditional Normand quality, I would definatly be interested. i have not purchased the blower for this tractor yet. I will be mounting it with a rear facing, rear mounted, pto driven blower. I'm assuming that they will still paint them kubota orange! I have had very good luck with kubota's line of blowers and will looking for something to match that or exceed its performance.

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

You know for sure Normand will always build a quality item, and in any color you want! :nod:

I'm going to send you a PM with some info.

Thanks, Steve