1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massey 44 Pushing Snow

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Dec 16, 2006.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

my dad whose handle on the internet is SIR HENRY use a massey 44 to push snow on the acerage. works good but with our the tire chains the tractor did a lot of spinning in the warm snow.
    i delivered him a tank shed for an xmas present.

thansk

COLLECTABLE TOUR dec 15 2006 012.jpg

2. KingofObsolete

SIR HENRY pushed a bit of snow so i coud get the big rig in his yard. he also used his toro snow plower too.

thansk

COLLECTABLE TOUR dec 15 2006 006.jpg

3. KingofObsolete

of course on the way home the D.O.T. chased me down to wish me a merry xmas with a $400.00 pink piece of paper, LOL

thansk

4. KingofObsolete

ok the picture?????

thansk

COLLECTABLE TOUR dec 15 2006 015.jpg

5. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Haha always the way :( I hear the offical DOT bribe now is a large coffee and a box of timbits :D

6. KingofObsolete

thansk, the story with the D.O.T. of the north is that the fellow's wife had an affair with a trucker. so it is pay back time to us poor truckers. everytime i meet this guy it is a $400.00 fine for something.

thansk

7. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Bah thats just plain wrong.

Now if you were DOT you could accept bribes of cheese wizz :D

8. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

That sucks

Nice that Sir Henry cleared that for you now for the phrase that sucks, I can't stand those D.O.T. My trucks over the years have been pulled over several times, in ten years of trucking we only had two tickets and thats with me driving (mis-loads). I complained to a Sargent friend of mine (MSP DOT) about being pulled over so much, he said that they have to have a reason to pull you over. I told him 80% of the time the DOT was coming toward me, pulled over before I reached them then pulled me over and told me that my truck looked heavy. what a crock. :realmad:

9. KingofObsolete

yes if i was the D.O.T. things would be different, lots of cheese whiz and the old trucks get waved thru because the owners have to do an 8 hour pre inspection to make sure it is ready for the road. LOL

yes you are right on the D.O.T. not having a reason. if they see you you are toast. we used to be able to travel at night but now days they are working later and starting early. oh well win the lotto and then hire a trucking outfit to drive me around, LOL

thansk

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

so whatd you get a fine for this time? and are you pulling a little car trailer with an old truck on it too or is that not connected to your rig?

11. KingofObsolete

it was an over length fine and then they started to pick away at the SCREAMING FORD and trailers.

the car trailer is a custom made trailer to haul my LINN TRACTOR and it is pulled by the SCREAMING FORD or behind the sleigh trailer.

thansk

COLLECTABLE TOUR dec 15 2006 005.jpg