1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts Weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by ADMSWELDING, Feb 7, 2016.

1. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Got tired of the tread with all NE weather.So starting this one for just us mass guys.No disrespect intended toward anyone.Just want one a little more focused on our area.So what this next one looking like?Start time,amounts alot of conflicting info imo.

2. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Member

No Snow!!!

Sorry Adams W. no white stuff here coming soon, just 15 degree and
    f-inn!! cold w\ winds up to -30degrees. Tues. 53 ,rain so:drinkup:

3. ADMSWELDING

Yup -9 this morning had to shot ether in 99 F-350 PSD this morning to get to start up.Now rain coming tuesday this BS!!!!.Want to plow snow could use the $$$$:angry:

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Ether is no good for that motor. Gonna grenade it

5. ADMSWELDING

Yeah if your a idiot and load it up.My farther ran/owned his own auto shop 35yrs.I was in there when i was 10yrs old everyday after school and all day in the summer.I,m not that IDIOT!!

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Ok, you're not an idiot. Got it. Some people don't know not to use ether on a diesel.

7. ADMSWELDING

You can use ether on a diesel just can,t get carried away with it.Without it i highly doubt this truck would have started this morning.Unless i,m gonna tarp it in setup a torpedo heater wait and hr then try to get it running.One quick shot in the air intake and it fired right off.Now if the engine has a air intake heater you could cause a explosion.Have been on a site with a Cat330 few winters ago.Blew the guy right off the machine.

8. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

Ran an old Case W18 with a cold start assist factory option installed. A pressurized cylinder of ether plumbed directly to the air intake with a push button switch in the cab.:drinkup:

9. Masssnowfighter

Masssnowfighter Senior Member
    from ma

All of my old diesel loaders have factory installed ether assist buttons also, all they need is tiny little snort

10. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

sounds like its time for some new glow plugs Billy! I have never had an issue firing off my 7.3 unplugged. I've started it as low as 2-3 degrees.

11. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

My 85 F800 diesel has the factory cold start ether button as well

12. ADMSWELDING

I tested the glow plugs with a snap on modius about about 3 months said all where fine.Remember buddy wind chill was -30 other night.But i will test them again when i get a chance this week.Replaced my GP relay about month and half ago again did one also few yrs ago IIRC.

13. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

Wind chill doesnt effect inanimate objects, all it does is bring an object down to ambient temperature faster. My GP relay and GP's are new, and it will start with one cycle of the key every time. Might be a good idea to ohm them, instead of going by the computer, you shouldnt have a problem starting that truck.

If you do replace them, make sure you use OEM replacements!

14. ADMSWELDING

I think it,s fair to say were finished, this winter is a bust.

15. scaypa

scaypa Junior Member

Maybe a little something Friday

16. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Member

I, hate to agree, but wed. could hit 70 degrees here. Don't forget this is
    N.E. !!! Remember years ago on EASTER SUNDAY , we had like
    2 feet of snow??? What year was that?? maybe between 1974 -1980?
    Something to think about. Hope all is well+:drinkup::drinkup:

17. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

97 we had an April fools storm that dropped almost 2'. But no two seasons r alike. But I don't think we'll see anything more this season. Pack it in!

18. ADMSWELDING

I,d say stick a fork in it this winter is done.:eek:

19. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

Really. It took u this long to figure that out. Get the spring- summer equipment out.

20. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

what's on tap for this Sunday into Monday