1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts subcontracting rates?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rmartin, Oct 24, 2003.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

Anyone from Mass know what the going rate is for subcontracting plows? What will a company pay to hire me with a 1 ton truck and 8' mms fisher?

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

rmartin,

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:
    I would suggest that you go down to the network forum and look through a few pages. There are a few companies on there looking for subs in Massachusetts and if you are in one of there areas you could probably get hooked up with one of them as a sub, unless you already have an in somewere.

3. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Where in MA are you? I plow for a guy localy as a sub and he pays well.

4. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

Im in Mass. and I need subs!!

If your close to the South Shore....drop me a line.....I'm looking for subs. Rates are $50-$60 per hr. depending on what you have for set up. Pay is within 24 hrs. 781-337-3571. Ask for Mike:drinkup:

5. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

central mass

i am located in central mass---auburn area

6. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

we have a few stores in the auburn and worcester area. we pay $65 per hour for a one ton with a 9 foot blade.. and start plowing at 2 inches but often scrape on lower amounts. Pay is within 30 days however

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  7. usmcdvl007

usmcdvl007 Junior Member
    from 01610

New plower in MA, rates question????

Im new in the plowing game and would like to know what fair paying rates are for front end loader operators and 1/2 ton truck drivers. I recently started plowing for a company, im an equipment operator by trade, and im using the company's equipment. I sometimes operate a front end loader and sometimes drive a 1/2 ton truck and would like to know what rates are like for a starting person. i have over 10 yrs experience operating havy equipment, and driving for well over 20.

Thanks in advance,
    Semper Fi!

8. snow2011

snow2011 Junior Member

so what are the advantages and disadvantages for both parties?