1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts State plowing!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by barker34, Feb 22, 2010.

1. barker34

barker34 Junior Member

Hey i used to plow for the state, and stopped 12 years ago. Does anyone have the running rate sheet for all the different size trucks. Also does anyone know about how many hours the state gives you per year. So the running per hr rates would be great.

I used to do large commercial parking lots, but lost them because a friend of the owner took them, so now i am on the cities, and they give crap for hours

2. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

3. barker34

barker34 Junior Member

i got that far, and i was looking through that page yesterday, but i could not find the sheet with the per hour rates
  4. barker34

barker34 Junior Member

actually i found it, thanks i feel very dumb from that lol
  5. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Those seem like decent rates. I should bring my big truck there, haha.
  6. barker34

barker34 Junior Member

yea, you get a good amount of hours, i just wanted to know an estimate, but ik its almost double the city hrs. But the salt on state routes kills the truck man
  7. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Them rates are a joke.
  8. kj330

kj330 Member

also i just saw a news story on how subs are all owed alot of cash some 1k and some 50 k. they are three fold on there snow budget currently...
  9. barker34

barker34 Junior Member

the state pays very very late for the snow removal
  10. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

that was years ago, now thy have been paying within 10 days of when you sign the voucher
  11. barker34

barker34 Junior Member

thats very good news, like i said earlier they used to pay very late, but that is good news for next year
  12. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

If you have a pick-up your will not get on next year they are making major cuts. 26K+ trucks. Preferably ten wheelers with spreaders and wings is what they are looking for.