1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts State Plowing Questions???

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by Jake 0424, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Jake 0424

Jake 0424 Junior Member
    from Boston

Hey Guys i was trying to get some info for plowing for the state of massachusetts. I work Hourly now doing Parking lots for 65 an hr. Good money but if i am gonna be out there i want the most money for my time. I was thinking of taking everything i made this year and investing in a Tri-axle with plow and sander. Was hoing someone who has plowed for state can give me some advice on what to buy. I know there is certin inpections they need to pass. Hydraulic or air, power angle or not. 11 or 10 foot, wing plow?

Basically what will bring the most money for plowing for state of Massachusetts??

ussmileyflag

2. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

One question is are you gonna be using the truck for anything in the off season? if not then i would buy a tractor with a sleeper on it and put a sander where the 5th wheel is. If your gonna use the tri axle in the off season then go with some thing that doesn't have too many gears like an 8 speed.your gonna need a dump bed that will fit an at least 8 yard sander plus calcium tanks( calcium tanks are mandatory) i would go with an 11 foot power angle plow with a hydraulic piston(air tends to freeze up).if you want to put a wing on it. they pay more for a wing. just having a sander will get you the most hours. that should be good enough