1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mike33087, Jan 29, 2006.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

all of us Mass. guys know that insurance is insanly priced around here. Just wondering what the average 18 - 30 year old is paying for single health insurance?
  2. bigboyjeep

bigboyjeep Junior Member
    from ca

hi mike !

hi mike im jend!, new here bro. you could check
    http://www.insurance-quote-free.com. Might help your concern, and whats very amuzing see how other ins. company priced against each other. Only 5 or 6 years ago insurance premiums seemed very affordable with fantastic coverage to match. Well, if you're an individual or family who pays for insurance today chances are you're literally getting punched in the pocket book, and it hurts.
  3. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I am not single but I pay $900 directly through BCBS of MA for a family plan with prescription coverage. Just went up from $720:dizzy:
  4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

$320 last year, $262 now :)
  5. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

I pay 190 a month, my girlfriend is 300 and I got my son covered under a RI state program for the bubble. We applied for the state program together, but I make a bit too much money, so my girlfriend, who doesn't work, is going to reapply by her self. Just another advantage of staying single!!
  6. bigboyjeep

bigboyjeep Junior Member
    from ca

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

18 year old male... $2150 a year on one truck and $450 on the other one (it's under my Dad's insurance).

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

Health Insurance

9. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

was paying $500 a month for both my girlfriend and I for Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO through Massachusetts Business Association. You need to have two employees in your company to qualify. My girlfriend and I were the two employees.
  10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

DOOH! Sorry about my earlier post. Maybe I should learn to read! I was going to say you guys have some good truck insurance!

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I pay 2400 for the year but I have a very high deductible for hospital visits.
  12. bigboyjeep

bigboyjeep Junior Member
    from ca

Sometimes insurance companies (i.e. Geico, Progressive) that insure you over the phone will give you an INITIAL quote, which sounds pretty good. But then they'll look up your record and that quote will change. So be sure the prices you're getting are the exact price you're paying when you sign on that dotted line.
  13. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

make sure the company you are looking at is worth the money too. Saving $200 per month is worthless when the insurance company won;t cover whet you need!

Fallon, for example is almost totally worthless east of Worcester- there are no in plan hospitals. Lots of the discount healt coverage is reimbursement for covered services- so you have to pay the doctor and they will reimburse you IF it's covered......

If you have a PCP talk to them befiore signing for a new insurer for recomendations and warnings.