1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts Insurance Companies?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by searay220, Sep 17, 2009.

1. searay220

searay220 Member

I need suggestions who offers Commercial Auto and General Libility insurance in Ma. Can anyone help me out? If you would could you tell me what your paying and I can compare it to any quotes I get.:dizzy:

2. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

I know you can get commercial insurance through progressive, thats what i use on my truck, I think the 6 month policy for million dollar coverage runs me roughly 2,200 bucks, that will be different for everyone though so its a matter of making a few calls, state farm does also and im sure there are other ones out there that will.

I do know that Amica does not have a commercial policy available, I used to have them till i had to put commercial insurance on my truck and I tried to keep Amica

3. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I have my truck insurance with commerce, other then getting it stuck up my ass for backing in to somebody I really can't complain about the service and coverage.

I got my new general liability from selective, just signed up this month so I don't know how they are to deal with but the price was good for the coverage

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Patriot Insurance. Very reasonable to add the snow removal coverage.

5. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

For the out-of-Massachusetts guys: we have really screwed up insurance laws here, and most companies can't or won't sell their insurance here.

I use Safety Insurance, bought through my personal agent/broker. http://www.safetyinsurance.com/

I've heard of others using Farm Family. http://www.farmfamily.com/

6. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

We had decent insurance laws, that actually protected the consumer, now we have BS laws that protect the insurance companies profits. We have taken a step back if you ask me

Before this year an insurance company could only base your premium on your driving/accident record. Many insurance companies wanted to use non driving related factors( IE marital status) and there fore did not sell insurance here, they were more then welcome to.

7. john mc

john mc Member

I have plymouth rock for the my big truck commercial ins. been fine so far 6 years