1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts Guys.

Discussion in 'Weather' started by makplow, Mar 5, 2007.

1. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I think we had a terrible year for snow amounts? I only plowed a total of about 14 inches, where usually we get an average of about 50 or more. I feel this clipper comming Wed. might be our last chance? unless a storm sneaks in on us?

Any way I'm ready for nice weather so i can start making money again instead of looking at the weather every day too only hope a storm will come to be able too make a few dollars to keep my head above water.

It was nice talking with all of you and I hope you have a great spring, summer, and fall and hope to talk again next year when the snow flies?

Take care and good luck!

Mak.

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

We only got two weeks left of winter, but who knows with March in New England. I'll keep my eyes open for another push.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I think I'm about 30" for the year...seems like it was constant snow squalls this past weekend n dhtye just stopped yesterday afternoon. That said, I'm normally about 120" a year so this is a pretty lousy year for me too.

Its only March 6th though and cold as all hell (7 below this morning, but 40's by the weekend), we could still get a couple storms, but I wouldn't count on anything major yet...probably another couple plowable events, but no blizzards.

I'd say spring cleanup is around the corner.

4. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

Wow

wow guys you think you have it bad, 14 inches ///// 30 inches, ahhh try 4.5 inches TOTAL for us here on Cape Ann.....ya been out twice 1st time plowed 10 accounts out of a possible 71 , then the 2nd time plowed about 30 accounts out of a possible 71....this sucks!....havnt even plowed with the 2 trucks, havnt had anough snow, dont need 2 trucks unless it hits the 40 plus account mark, thats about 5 inches...so be happy that you guys got atleast over 5 inches!!!!!

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Yeah, but way out there on the north shore do you ever really get alot of snow? Whats your normal seasonal snowfall?

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I think our...

Down in Marblehead ,on the coast I am pretty sure our average was about 45" the last time that I checked.

7. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

Yeah you have it rough...Ive pushed 4" of snow this year!!!!!

8. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I couldn't find data on yearly averages, but I found these.

2003-2004 66 inches in Danvers
    2004-2005 122.5 inches in Danvers

I also seem to remember one winter in the late 1990s where we were well over 100"

9. Antnee77

from RI

I'd say we did poorly as well. A good winter around here brings about 60 or so inches of snowfall. The first recorded 1" of snow this season occurred last week.

10. Oshkosh

06 we where off...

I just did some searching and for 2006 we where off(-) 52.4" in snowfall from our average in the MWV.
    So far this year we are off approx 72" as of this date.
    We have had plenty of cold weather just no moisture...

11. makplow

makplow Senior Member

The clipper missed us completly. It is going to warm up for next week. The whole state of Mass. is well below the average snow fall? I feel winter is over except for a posible sneak attack? So be it!

Mak.

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I just ensured that we will get hammered for the rest of the year. I took the plow off my tractor, cleaned it up, and put it away for the season. Let it snow!

13. Oshkosh

Good Idea...

Last time I think we all where either starting our lawn mowers or washing our cars and trucks...Maybe time to try that again...

14. makplow

makplow Senior Member

The mad man on accu weather is starting too get us going again about a possible storm riding up the coast next weekend? I'm ready for spring but I guess I could take one more storm seeing it was a some what of a snowless winter for us in Mass. I wouldn't bet on it though?

Mak.

15. Antnee77

from RI

I'll be removing anything snow/winter-related from my truck today, and I'll give it a good wax job tomorrow. That ought to do it.

16. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

plow comes out of the garge tonight, hopefully i'll be ok without 4x4 because its broke :realmad:

17. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

i think that you might have some trouble with the snow that they a guessing.

18. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

I hope not, I have 1100 lbs of ballast in the rear

19. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

Here it comes boys!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

20. Antnee77

from RI

You'll do fine. 4x2 is perfectly suitable for driving in rain. ;)