1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mass. pricing for 1 ton pickup w/8 foot xblade

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mass1589, Feb 5, 2013.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

just wondering what an hourly rate you guys think would be fair for a 1 ton pickup with 8' xblade. i received an offer to work for a guy while being able to do my accounts.

what is the going rate for this setup. i know the location matters its in the boston area.

2. Jim74

Jim74 Member

What's fair or what's he going to offer you? I'd like to see you get 70 bucks an hour but he will probably offer you between 50 to 60. Good luck and don't be afraid to negotiate.

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

65-70..........

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Thanks guys .... I complely understand the whole what people will pay and what pay should pay. I was thinking 75/hr, or should say hoping!

5. rebert

rebert Senior Member

if its several smaller sites like driveways and small lots u might be better doing a % split, 60/40 if you know and trust the guy.

6. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

large shopping all complex.....for people in the area i believe he is at one of the simon malls.

7. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Settled on 55.... Mall parking lot...

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

If he gives you 55y let him pay gor the gas and insurance and repairs

9. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

I think i was lucky to get the 55 i know others are getting 45 taxed!!

10. ducaticorse

from we

I wouldn't consider you lucky. And the guys subbing their trucks out at $45 an hour are straight idiots.

11. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

Wouldn't even get out of bed for that. Hell, towns pay $70 plus an hour for a pickup with no sander.

12. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

a town would pay on the books....soo wouldnt you be clearing around 50 after taxes from 70?

13. mackclmodel

Yeah they 10-99 you.

14. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Wow that's low my trucks are at $75 and I'm at $80.

15. ducaticorse

from we

Everyone should be "paying you on the books". Whether its taxed off the bat or a 10-99 you are getting reported. The thing is, with a 10-99, you control when you pay the tax, and if creative enough while staying within the law, you control how much tax you pay. This guy giving you 55 an hour is going to whack you with a 10-99 at the end of the season almost without doubt since this is a commercial account, and they damn sure will be 10-99ing him.

16. mackclmodel

Just out of curiousity is this parking lot the super Wal-Mart in Worcester off 146 ???

17. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Nope ... Im doin logan airport area parking lot.
    I habe seen anothe twin to my truck though in mass ...he goes full strobe when he passes me hahaha i love it

18. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

My town pays $65 and hr. for a truck with an 8 ft plow and you can usually sweet talk them into a cutting edge with bolts when the time comes. They also pay a 4 hr minimum call in time.

19. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

What town is that??

20. mackclmodel

Is that Uxbridge your talking about ? How do you like plowing for them, any having to chase money or hours ?