1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mass plowing question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by atvriderinmass, Dec 13, 2010.

1. atvriderinmass

atvriderinmass Senior Member

Just wondering if you have to have a certain size truck or plow to put it on the city or state.I would imagine you would have to have at least a 3/4 ton truck. Not sure if every place is different or not. Buying a truck in the spring and i want to get something big enough to handle the work load if i need to go that route... thanks
  2. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

This year massdot requires at least a 9ft blade and a gvw of 11,000 or more.

But you should be able to plow for you town/city or near by town with a 3/4ton or larger truck. Usually you can call the dpw office to find out rates and requirements.
  3. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I know a guy that plows for a city with a half ton and 7.5 blade.
  4. Dirt

Dirt Junior Member

Like fordpsd said town/city plowing is different than MASSDOT.
    The individual town/city streets are not cleared by the state hired trucks.
    I don't think it will ever snow around here anyway........
  5. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

Nothing but flurries and freezing rain. Finally got to do some sanding. Still waiting for the first push of the season.