1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mass guys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joey7599, Nov 7, 2010.

1. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

hey all you mass guys be ready because were getting a wet mix of sleet and snow well thats what they say might be a sanding storm:D

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I dont want sand yet. Still a couple motorcycle days left.

3. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

im going to take advantage of the rain tomorrow and spend the day working on my plows. I have a feeling we may get a storm around thanksgiving.

4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I agree!:drinkup:
    Nothing other then a few flakes here but its like the 5th time they have mentioned snow in the forecast which seems like a lot for the first week on November

5. bryanR

bryanR Member

my plow wont be ready till saturday. dropping it off tomorrow to get the blade patched up so lets hope we dont get snow until thanksgiving lol

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

mass highway was loading up a couple liqiud trucks today when i went bye the pit!!!!

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I know I'm in Maine but I had one of my resi accounts call me last night asking for some sand and salt on their drive because they heard it was supposed to be a mix. I woke up at 3am, just rain, then 5am, still just rain so I didn't even bother loading the truck up. Needless to say it took me by surprise to get the phone call already.

8. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I was watching the weather last night and was on pins and needles. I couldn't even get to sleep till 5am worrying about it all, I was just up watching the weather outside and watching the doppler on the computer. I even went to the point of doing site checks this morning just to be 100% sure. We didn't end up getting anything so far, and currently the air temp and ground surface temp is too warm to have to worry. But I'm not in the clear till tomorrow morning.

I've got my mechanic really hauling through all the equipment and we are getting there quickly. I will have all the equipment onsite and lots staked by the end of this week provided nothing major screws up. I'm also waiting on my shipments of salt this week and next. I'm excited for winter, but I don't want it to come quite yet.

It seems early this year...

9. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

I think this event woke everybody up. I saw about ten trucks drive buy with plows on today. It think we will be getting hit with a plowable event within a few weeks.

10. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

We got a dusting in Upstate NY (saratoga area), just got all the plow trucks and salters ready this past weekend