1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MASS guys in here

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Jakkle5, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

I have a 12 unit property in Boston. Upscale units went for 369-489k. 6 unit building on either side with a "T" shaped driveway splitting them. Each unit has 2 spots so 12 parking spots a building plus the 90' or so driveway that is 2 lanes to get you behind them. What would you charge for plowing and salting of a 3 inch storm/ice storm we just recieved. Thanks

2. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

anyone in a mass similar market? no has anything to add?:dizzy:

3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I'd split it up like so, I charge at least $35 for every drive I do and this is in Worcester County. So for a home that's almost half a mil, I'd say $40 per 2 car drive, then I'd have to say you would have to take a guess on how long it would take you to push back the street...if it took you 30 minutes to push back the road. I'd say it would be around a charge of $70 just to do the road, so you looking at around $550 to push it once at those prices...you would also have to consider travel time and what your currently charging...that's just my quick look at things. If I were you i'd really take some time and think about how much you want to make out of this, and the worst case scenario...so on and so on...

4. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

hmm....

I'm charging $300 per building for 3" of snow. So $50 per 2 parking spots and the driveway plus salt. I dont charge them for the labor to put the salt down and i charge them my cost on the salt. I got a call today saying they need to sharpen up the numbers with me. I thought i was very nicely priced.