1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mass DOT

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by MCTJR32, Feb 14, 2016.

1. MCTJR32

MCTJR32 Junior Member

Looking to plow next year with MASS DOT with an F550. Any thoughts on the process and how it is working for the State as Private Contractor? I have heard mix reviews, but these reviews came from guys who don't plow for the state.
    Thanks.

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

My BIL drives a F550 for someone out in western MA for the state. He said the truck he drives which has a 9' blade and a sander only makes $75/hr. Personally I think that is crap. I'd bet you could do better plowing for a township. Have a friend in Beverly who plows with a F250 and 8 or 8'6" blade and gets $85/hr.
    I'm still a fan of residentials which are $100+/hr

3. MCTJR32

MCTJR32 Junior Member

yes

Yeah I plow for Beverly now with F250 8' Blade. Money is $83 an hour but the town does all it can to just give you the 4 hour minimum. Guy i talked to who plows for State said he had 18 hours last storm..