1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MASS BBQ this Saturday 10/04

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD PLOWER, Sep 29, 2003.

1. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

For anyone interested a company in Ashland Mass called "The grounds Keeper" is having a bbq this Saturday from 11am-3 pm. The site is 71 Nickerson road Ashland Mass. They are supposed to have exhibitors as well (don't know exactly who though) and will be displaying Magic salt spraying all day. I don't want to post their phone # here so you can pm if you need directions.

I met these guys up in Buffalo at the sima show and they are a great bunch of guys and very helpful. They also told me their facility is completely enclosed so if it rains it shouldn't effect anything. Hope to see some of you there :waving: .

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I looked it up in the map book .Take exit 13 off mass pike go west on route 30 (Couchituate Rd) till you get to Route 126 about 5 miles on the right after turning from RT 30 to RT 126 Nickerson rd is on the right.

3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

When you are on rt126 , nickerson is righ after MCDONALDS. I Hope I can finaly meet some people from the site.

4. duke

duke Junior Member

I'm in.

5. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

snow and ice event ?

Its about 1/2 hour away . How will we know the plowsite people ? Need those t- shirts now LOL

6. JD PLOWER

Just a reminder to any one going to this, if they have name tags (like in Poughkeepsie) be sure to write your screen name so we can ID each other. Hope to see you there :waving: .

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

So who's going down tomorrow?

8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I will be there abaut 11:30-12.

9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Unless something comes up last minute, I will be coming down.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  10. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I plan on being there around 11

11. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

RAIN

Is this BBQ Rain or Shine?? I am about ready to leave and It's raining right now :realmad:

12. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

BBQ

The BBQ was good for its inaugural. I met J.D.Plower and SLplow (Scott )and his wife . John from Taconic gave a short explanation about Magic Salt etc . The rain pretty much held off . Thanks to the hosts and the vendors . Next year should be bigger and better.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  13. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I was there too. I wish they had nametags cause I know that you other Plowsite guys were there. I know that had to be JD Plowers Black F-350 pickup parked to the right of the entrance gate. I did meet fxdjerry. He was wearing a hat with his last name on it. I probably should have worn one of my Gordon work shirts.

14. JD PLOWER

Gordyo your right that was my 350.. I was the guy wearing the red plaid shirt with the camera. As Bwhite said it was pretty good turnout considering the weather and it being the first year. The grounds keeper really needs to contact more vendors though. In particular spreader companies really weren't represented at all other than Fisher's stainless on the GMC. I was disappointed to hear that the Blizzard dealer they contacted no longer sells them and blizzard wasn't represented at all. I was glad to meet the members that I did and hope to see others there in the future. :waving:

15. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

JD,

I was the guy with glasses and a denim shirt standing under the middle of the garage door when John was talking about the magic. I did see you start to drive away and I was walking down the driveway when you started to backup and tried to get there before you shifted to drive but I walk to slow!!!

16. JD PLOWER

Gordyo was that you giving John a hard time with all those questions during his presentation :D

17. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

No not me, I didn't say a word during his talk but I was talking to him over near the tanks of Magic just before you drove away.

18. JD PLOWER

Green pants? I'm drawing a blank here :eek:

19. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Nope Blue but I did have a red fire dept. pager on my hip and a nextel on the other.

20. JD PLOWER

Gotta bring name tags next year :eek: .