1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mass. area prices?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ummugumma69, Dec 2, 2002.

1. ummugumma69

ummugumma69 Junior Member

Hello everyone , new to group but i have been reading posts here for the last couple of winters.I am amazed at how much plowing rates very by region. I am in palmer mass. (western part of the state). Iwould like to hear from anyone in the area about pricing in the area. I charge a fortune and SOMETIMES feel guilty when i hand them the bill?

I currently do 1 commercial account and it is my full time place of employment also. I plow around several large distribution centers, which are all in the same industrial park. I charge per plow 2-4 5-8 6-10 inches each at the same price.So a good storm a foot plus.

ps. Looks like its goin to be another old fashioned new england winter!!!:drinkup:

t.jpg

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome ummugumma69! :waving: BTW do you mind explaining your name, its one of the more "unique" ones I've seen ;) .

Where did you get that shot from?

3. ummugumma69

ummugumma69 Junior Member

Hello JD,

Ummugumma is a album title from the group Pink Floyd in which iam a big fan, and 69 is my favorite number lol.

Here is the link to the page where i got the picture . Just type in the location in the search bar.

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/famous.aspx

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

As far as feeling guilty about what you charge - my customers didn't feel guilty when I paid over $1500 in repairs to get the 1/2 ton ready for winter. The one where I got stuck last winter didn't feel guilty or offer to pay for the tow truck I had to call.

Most people understand about costs of doing business and would rather pay you than do it themselves. I lost one from last year. He called and said he'd bought his own truck and plow. Funny, it must be broke down. His driveway isn't plowed and his wife's car was at the bottom of thier drive. I wonder if she had some choice words for him while she was tromping through the snow to get to her car to go to work.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

thats a great site. I found my house on there lol. too bad they didnt have an updated photo after 1990

6. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I wonder how many other members here are familiar with "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a cave and Groovin With a Pict"? :D

And if I told people we do our bids using satellite imagery do you think they'd believe me? :rolleyes: