1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maryland Meet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Precision Lawn, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Looking to have the Md meet again this year
    Have some questions like to throw out there

1. What month do you think we should have it
    2. Place the last two year we have it at Damon's at Arundel Mill everyone seem to like that place
    3. Day and time of event

Frank

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I would like to suggest a weekend this year.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Middle of the day on a weekend where everyone can do more of a show and tell. Probably a pig roast type of thing.

4. Blue Ox

Blue Ox Junior Member

md meet

hey guys new to this web sitie do you mind if a new comer joins you pro s in the meet

5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

what about Nixon farm in west friendship?

plenty of space to have a show and tell and they will provide food. We might have to start having a cover or atleast having vendors pay alittle for space.

6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Okay so if we look at nixon's farm it would be 30 per head and there is a 50 head min.
    just trying to help.

7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Okay so if we look at nixon's farm it would be 20 per head min.

8. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Sal saw your stuff at the fair. Nice looking wide out. How do you like it ? No one was at you stand when we were there Sunday night. What type of customer are you trying to target ? If its drives that you want I'll send mine your way.

9. salopez

salopez Senior Member

what time sunday night? I was there pretty late...migt have been a potty break!

I love my wideouts. wouldn't go back to a straight blade again.

We are looking for commercial properties ofcourse...however some residentals would be good for our program depending on their location!

10. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

What's the latest word?

11. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Word has it that Brickman in Columbia is in need of alot more plow trucks this year . From what I have been told they are paying over 100 per hour per truck. Some of you guys might want to check into it.

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I completely doubt that. Btw the columbia brickman is the worst one to plow for. They have you plow for a couple of hours during the day if that. They have you come back during the night to plow after there is 8" on the lot. All the other locations have you work around the clock. The most brickman pays is $75 an hour.

13. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I have heard that the Columbia branch is the worst also. But I also know guys who are plowing for them and have seen thier job sheets as for what they are getting per hour and its alot more than 75 per hour ! Most guys get in with them then hire subs under them and are making money off of that. The branch that is closer to you Itsgottobegreen is probably one of the highest paying branchs. I just figured I would put this out there cause there are always guys looking for work. I was making 65 per hour over 20 years ago when I first got into plowing, and that was as a sub.

14. salopez

salopez Senior Member

hey guys do we have any updates for this event?

15. Precision Lawn

meet

Should have a update soon

16. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Hey Frank, saw you were a woman owned business? Decided to 'make the change' ??? Going with hormones or the full surgery?

17. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

C'mon Frank. Nothing? No witty retort?

18. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Just wanted to subscribe to this thread to get the updates!

19. Precision Lawn

Here is some info on the meet
    It will be at Damon's Grill at Arundel Mills
    Looks like Nov 12th
    Time TBA
    I will have more info as soon as they get back to me

Please start to sign up so I can have a head count. About 30 days away

Look like we will have the following vendors
    Western
    Meyer
    If anyone knows anyone that may want to come as a vendor please let me know as soon as possible
    If someone would like to do door prizes please let me know
    I don't have alot of free time on my hands right now.
    ( Good job for you Jamie)

20. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I heard the surgery takes a lot out of you time wise... LOL!!!! I'm in. Put me down for two. PM me about door prizes,