1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maryland Market Value

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PerfiCut L&L, Nov 7, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Ive been working on some new contracts for this season, and upgrading some older ones. I havent increased my prices in a several years but with fuel and cost of living what it is I feel its time.

I dont price per hour since we all know, increased experience & better equipment increase productivity and ultimately cuts into hourly profits.

I generaly price per push with depth adjustments, when possible. The initial depth structure is 2"-4" and this rate is based off an hourly rate of $125 for a 1ton or less truck. Additional depth catagories are increased percentagely.

So I guess my question is, based on an initial depthe of 2"-4", is $125/hr still competatively priced for the Maryland area?

2. little pat

little pat Member

We have some multi year contracts that were based on $125 an hour, but this years new contracts are based on $150 an hour or more. We charge per push also, only using the hourly rate as a base similar to the flat rates used for mechanics.