1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maryland Liquid Deicers

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Potomac Lawns, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

looking for any suppliers in MD for liquid deicers. Thanks

2. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

Give us a ring 1 877 34BRINE we have people all over

3. SnowMelt2006

SnowMelt2006 Member

You can get a 36% mixed brine for $0.85 - $0.90 per gallon delivered in tanker loads.

4. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

Anyone else?

5. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

36% what? whats the calcium,Mag.,Sod,and potassium content?

6. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

This is our first year using liquids and after talking and doing research we are going to use The Calcium Guy they know what they are talking about and if anyone is like me I do not want to do all this work and spend all this money and buy some cheap crap that will make me hate liquids, just think if the product from The Calcium Guy does not work you can post your stories on this site for everyone to know!

7. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

4700dan Thanks for going with us and i had beat you to the punch!! lol check out the post i have on here asking people to tell us about what they think about the different types of brine http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=86068 Now with that being said our brine is not the best ice melter out there the best would be 100% calcium but thats stuff is very expensive. Pound for Pound,Penny for Penny This stuff works and will save you money over and over again. Now you will not be able to replace rock salt with brine. There is just some circumstances it will not work in. But with some time spent ahead of a sprayer and some experance putting it down you will feel the same way.

8. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

Thanks for the info Mike and everyone else

9. SnowMelt2006

SnowMelt2006 Member

Since we are quite busy this time of the year, did not get a chance to answer:

TYPICAL ANALYSIS:

The product is fully saturated.

Total dissolved solids (TDS)= 35.9%
    Calcium Chloride= 16.6%
    Sodium Chloride= 10.7%
    Other TDS ( Magnesium Chloride, etc.)…8.6% by difference

10. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Anyone looking to split a load ? Would be nice to try it out on our walks this yr

11. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

Here is ours SnowMelt

Calcium Chloride 21-24%
    Mag. Chloride 3-5%
    Pot. Chloride 2-3%
    Sod. Chloride 5-7%

TDS range from 31% to 39%

Funny how you do not have a range in where your product can vary. Correct me if i am wrong, But isent this material a by product from an oil well?

12. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart