1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maryland General liability ins

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by sid6062, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sid6062

sid6062 Member

Who do you have your GL policy through in maryland? How much do you pay?

I'm getting some crazy quotes like $4k and such...I'm not a large business I'm just a single pickup with a plow trying to make a few bucks thru the winter.

I got my commercial policy thru geico for 4 months @ $800. So I'm hoping GL won't be too horrible.

2. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

I use Erie insurance. I have reasonable rates through them. Hope this helps

3. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Sid, make sure you have a commercial auto policy covering your truck otherwise your personal auto policy will not respond in the event of a snow plow claim with your truck. Geico doesn't provide commercial auto insurance here in NY but I don't know about Maryland. As far as the snow GL policy goes, I don't know what the market is like in Maryland (I don't practice there) so I can't advise you on pricing but make sure you are dealing with an independent insurance agent who is well versed on contracting insurance. I do not recommend that you use one of the "directs" or a local store front broker. Good luckl.
    Ben/Insurance
    BPalmeri@archerins.com

4. Native28

Native28 Junior Member
    from MD

I have Erie aswell. Call Mathes insurance great rates Annapolis Md 410 648 4163

5. Yardlines guy

Yardlines guy Junior Member

I also have Erie here in western Maryland. Great price and excellent coverage. My wife is my agent so that's nice too.