1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Marquette area plowers out there?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Feb 20, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

As I asked before about other areas which may be good for snow plowing in the U.S or Canada, I was curious if there were any people on this site from or around the Marquette area?
    I understand they have on average the most snow days per year and get plenty of snow. :nod:

2003 F350 w/ Meyer II EZ Mount
  2. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Still looking for some input.

I recently asked if there were any plowers from the Marquette, Michigan area out there and havent gotten any response. I recently noticed on this site that there are some from at least around that area of Michigan.
    I'm just looking for a little information about the area and your input would be greatly appreciated. :drinkup:

2003 F350 w/ Meyer II EZ Mount

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Besides MSU and bars there isn't much up there. Plow guys ,I hear, get about $25 a hour contracting. Maybe $50 a hour if you do the leg work yourself.

4. Lake Effect

Lake Effect Junior Member

Hi, I'm from Marquette. Had to rereg, new computer, new email, couldn't get on. Anyway, I'm a builder, I don't plow for hire but yes, we get alot of snow. 300 inch winters are not uncommon with the average I'm guessing being about 200-250". I's not a big area though and I'm sure there's plenty of competition. Nice place to live though.
  5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member