1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Marking lots

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JML, Nov 21, 2002.

1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

I was reading previous posts on marking commercial lots,drives, etc. I had just one question, does anyone charge any of their clients to stake out the lots? Or is it included in the price. If so how do you charge them? thanks
  2. Snowshow

Snowshow Member

JML, we provide the stakes and labor to mark the lots on both commercial and residental accounts. We don't usually charge. Our idea is that the drivers who will be plowing the account will be more familar with them, expecially with the hazzards. We do charge customers if they pull the stakes and keep them for other purposes. Hope that this helps.

3. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

No need to charge extra for stakes just add it into your price. Stakes are cheep compared to the damage one can do not knowing where the pavement linrs & obsticals are.
  4. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I state in my contract that they will be charged if they come up missing at the end of the season. I pay around $1.60 for 5 stakes. I found that Lowes sells 20' lengths of 1/2" pvc for $1.60 while they sell 10' lengths for $1.38.
  5. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

The only customers that I bill for markers are per plow residential contracts. All others are provided as part of the contract price.