1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Marketing residential driveways

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Red Wagon, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Red Wagon

Red Wagon Junior Member

I would like to know how the guys with tractors and blowers marketed their driveway service when you first got into this business. How do you keep the route tight in the beginning. Any info you would be willing to share with me would be much appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What type of tractor and blower you using first?

3. Red Wagon

Red Wagon Junior Member

i dont have one yet. i am trying to do a little market research.

4. grandview

5. Red Wagon

Red Wagon Junior Member

Thanks i have already read a lot about paul but havent seen those pictures. His business is qiute impressive.

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Red wagon where are you located ?

7. Red Wagon

Red Wagon Junior Member

Massachusetts

8. grandview

That narrowed it down!:D

9. snoworks07

snoworks07 Member

In our experiences, local papers don't work to well if you trying to keep your route as tight as possible. We skip any formal kind of advertising all together.

What does work is targeting areas where you already have clients. Use handouts and fliers with a combination of us postage mail mixed in to clusters of blocks, etc. After 18 years of doing business, and implimenting this marketing tool, I know within a couple of percent how many homes I need to target to get to my pre-determined goals.

I have a 3-5% call back rate on the # of fliers I hand out. Of those 3-5%, I sign a tad under 50% to seasonal contracts.

Simple, easy math.

10. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks Grandview, I only asked because there was (may still be) a Red Wagon lawn care here that had a bad reputation.

11. Red Wagon

Red Wagon Junior Member

Thanks grand view that's some good info.

12. Red Wagon

Red Wagon Junior Member

Sorry about that I am from Chelmsford