1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Marketing Programs

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by JML, Sep 8, 2003.

1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

What do your marketing programs consist of cold calling/faxing, print ads, word of mouth? For the past few years about 75% of our work has been being a sub contractor. I would like to get some more of our own work. Just curious how some of you guys attract new commercial clients. Thanks
  2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Our business has been 90% commercial. We just create a handout describing our services and stop at a business. I ask to talk to the owner or manager. Then I tell them I am a snowplowing contractor in the area and ask if they were satisfied with how their snow was handled last year. Always ask WHY? Then volunteer a quote if they were not happy. If they were happy, I leave the flier and tell them to call me if their guy slips up big time.
    We now run 5 trucks essentially doing that process. I am now going to include the SIMA literature on choosing a winter sevices provider.:nod: