1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Marketing and Advertising help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by gtstang8706, Jul 29, 2011.

1. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

From what I've seen, some of you guys seem to have had great success with flyers and advertising. I currently own a full service contruction and remodeling company, but have always plowed in the winters. With the economy the way it is, Id really like to build up my plowing list to offset the lack of construction during the winter. Ive tried flyers and mailers in the past for other services, and literally didnt even get one call. How do you guys pick up small commercial lots and driveways? I have about 20 driveways and small commercial lots right now, but I just bought another truck and Id like to try to double or triple that. Im not asking for anyone to give me all their secrets, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Thumbs Up

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Go into the place you want to plow and talk to the manager or business owner. Its tedious but face to face you pretty much know where you stand.

3. Solaris

Solaris Junior Member

i agree face to face, hustle, hustle, is the best way to do it....Thumbs Up