1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Marketing advice?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by o'snow patrol, Oct 9, 2009.

1. o'snow patrol

o'snow patrol Junior Member

What's the best way to market my business on my truck? I was going to put my business info on the side of my truck and on the tailgate. I have heard from different people that it is unprofessional to use a magnet sign for the trucks? The reason that I am even contemplating this between getting it adhered on is that I also own a landscaping business, with a different name. I am going to have my landscape signs on both doors and one on the tailgate and one of my plowing signs on the tailgate as well, throughout the landscape season. When plowing season starts I am going to switch my signs and put the plowing signs on the doors and one on the tailgate and one landscape sign on the tailgate. Do you think that this is the best solution or can anyone think of something that would be more beneficial? I need to get my business going, cause this winter is not looking great for my income...
  2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Vinyl yard signs are the ticket, for some reason it just sends a high level of professionalism, they are cheap, and reusable.
  3. o'snow patrol

Would you just use those for landscaping? or is it just as productive for the plowing side of things as well?
  4. azandy

azandy Member

For your truck, mag signs are fine. I never letter the tailgate because in summer you are pulling a trailer and in winter, you'll cut someone off and they will have your number.
    It is very important to get an idenity for yourself and your business. If your business is young enough, create a name to fit both. We change our name a few years ago. Just changed part of the name and it was a big project. Now I'm really glad we did. I spent money to get professional help to do it. Our sales rocketed after it was done.
  5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

azandy is 100% correct. Both of your businesses lend very well to each other. Definately combine into one name as it will be confusing for clients and more difficult to cross sell.

Personally, I do not like the magnets, as I think it doesn't look professional. However, many on here will argue with me.
  6. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

IMO one name is better for both businesses. 12/12 months constant advertising on the truck.
    For years I've lettered my trucks bumper to bumper, which makes a nice rolling billboard.
    And yes once the truck is lettered you are no longer in stealth mode and must drive like a reg. human.
    You can do it.
  7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

The truck should be lettered! JMO
  8. o'snow patrol

thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. Good Luck this winter...
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I have both sides of my business under one name and magnets on the truck 24/7. Other than right now as I'm waiting for my new ones to come in.