1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

marker lights on chevy tow mirrors?????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CHEVYLIFER, Sep 20, 2011.

CHEVYLIFER Junior Member

Has anyone put marker lights on the side of the chevy tow mirrors? Iam looking to try and do that but i want it to be slim and look good. If any one has done it before and could share it with me that would be very helpful. I saw a picture in the post your plow truck thread. Pictures would also be helpful.

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Search this on dieselplace.com You can read for days
  3. ff1241

ff1241 Member

CHEVYLIFER Junior Member

Thats exactly wat iam looking for what model lights did you use on the front and sides of the mirror?
  5. ff1241

ff1241 Member

The small lights are the Tomar rect 13. The also make one with 4 led's called the rect 14.
    I also used the rect 13's on the rear license plate.

They work good but I would go with something else with a wider flash. The tomar are best stright on and not that great off to the side.

The other larger light is the Sound Off Predator 2. They kick ass and I have 6 of them on the truck. 2 on the side of the toolbox, 2 on the mirrors, and 2 on the grill. They are very bright and have the best off access visibility I was able to find.

Video of the red led lights. This was done before the plow was on. I use an amber mini lightbar for snowplowing. I have a very busy intersection to get through so the lights on the sides are a big help.

I need to make a new video as I have changed the dash light and added one in the back window.

CHEVYLIFER Junior Member

Thanks for the help!! I probably going to go with those tomar lights on the mirors and put some of the other ones on my grill and two on a license plate bracket
  7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

8. quicknova

quicknova Member

The mirrors in the ebay link are the same as mine but I think I got them off Amazon. Here's the link on the wiring/circuit board to make the lights on those mirrors function as clearance lights also: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376184&page=2

I will get some better pics when I get more of my lights done..
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011