1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

marker light installation on sander

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ziob34, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

just curious how you guys wire your market lights onto your sanders for the winter time do you splice them into the marker lights them selves or do you wire it to a different switch? i'm currently wiring an led flasher on the back of the sander to a cigarette lighter thumb switch and was wondering if i should just wire that market light into that as well? any suggestions and or recommendations for an easy to install marker light setup.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Can I ask why you have marker lights on your salter? Are they required?
  3. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

required for license plate at night cops usually don't bother you but i've had buddies pulled over and warned for not having it lit up.....
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

what kinda truck is this on? what kinda salter?
    usually when i wire up aux lights in the back, i run a switch the wire to the back, connector then the light. as far as your setup,,,i would tap into the parking light circuit somewhere outta the way,,run pwr and gnd to a connector..then up to the plate light.
  5. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Trailer hitch plug add markers and stops lights just unplug when ya take the sander off
  6. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

wire them into a trailer plug. than if u put rubber on the back of your truck like we do you can have all your working lights. as far as back up/ spreader lights wire those into the clutch for the conveyer and spinner than if u need them just flip that switch and bam lights even with the sander off