1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mark13's Picture and Video Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to try and remember to take a few pics now and then while I'm out.
    Here's a few I took last night, may have a chance for a few more tonight.

Went from light flurries after a clipper system to large flakes for about 10 minutes, you could watch the snow cover your tracks.
    [​IMG]

Another company in town owned by 2 brothers. Used to do 99% of the towing in the area, had a couple 1 ton wheel lifts, a roll back, and a couple semi tow trucks. Their both in their 70's now and have really slowed down on work but still do a little bit of stuff to keep active. Went over and talked to them after I was done with my route, I've been watching them plow snow since I was a kid.
    1986 F350 6.9 idi/ auto. Has a Boss V also from 1986. Said the plow has had the motor replaced once and rebuilt once. Otherwise no major problems or breakdowns.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Up until recently they had a 1985 F350 that was a twin to the 1986 with a straight blade on it. Their roll back also had a blade on it.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

More pictures I found on my phone.

Small display we did at a funeral for a local company's son.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cleaned up.
    [​IMG]

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poor thing's about worn out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice pic's. Does that ford have a lift on it?

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Leveling kit in the front (2" I think), bags in the rear.

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice I hope your rolled over the mileage pushing a huge pile of snow!! what made you mount the lights on top of the bumper do they get annoying there?

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I rolled 100k pulling my gooseneck.

The lights do suck at times not being able to step there. The pattern from them makes them worth the frustration, really lights up behind my truck.

Another pic I found. I don't fit to well at school.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Another I found. My dad rigged up some wing return spring safety cables. An idea I had after reading posts on here about them taking off in random directions when they break.
    [​IMG]

9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I hope we get an oppertunity for you to get some pics plowing more than an inch.....

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You mean our equipment can handle more then an inch at once? :confused:

11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

we had a slush/slop/snow/rain/sleet/ice nasty storm yesterday the place we were working at there was a guy plowing with a 07-09 dmax with a wideout idk what he did to the exhaust but it sounded so good working

12. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pic's Mark can't wait for more.. How fo you like your spreader?

13. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

Do you have any more info on that ford towtruck with the boss v blade??? How did they get the mount to fit around the radiator cause I have a boss rt3 mount and it wont fit cause of the radiator being so big. Is that a rt1 mount???

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Probably had just a 4" straight pipe, same thing I have. Probably the most common aftermarket exhaust size for them.

The spreader is pretty good, I wish when it turned on it wouldn't go wide open for a second and then slow down to whatever you have the dial set at.

It's an Rt1 plow (from 1986), chain lift, etc.

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man I feel you on that picture at school I am the same way with a plow and spreader!

16. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Wow. A picture of your truck and it was clean.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It being dirty just makes your stuff look better then! :D

18. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Yes I did see ya last second! I was just coming back from a washing the salt off the plow and the truck,and here is a couple of pics from out on the tollway last night rebuilding the shoulder.

get-attachment-8.aspx.jpeg

get-attachment-9.aspx.jpeg

19. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

pics look good mark, if only we got more of it

20. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

I would definatly not have my plow hanging out in the lane like that. are you in college? i remember watching some of the princesses drive around in their beamers at school...scary.