1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MARK13; Truck repair section . . . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Vaughn Schultz, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

MARK13: Truck repair section . . . . . . . .

Here you go mark . . . . . . . . . . Tells us all about your Chevy :drinkup:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

his reapir costs have superceeded the purchase price 10 fold..lol

3. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I was thinking about doing this for him, Good JOB!!! Yes George, his repair bills have been more than he has made his whole plowing career!! JK Maybe trade that thing in for a Ford so you can get some real work done! (no JK there, I am serious)

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

whatever you do dont get a ford!!! I like my chevy but its not perfect my next truck will be a 2008 dodge ram 3500 srw with the cummins, of course that will have to wait a few years. :rolleyes:

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I believe his truck has been totaled, then repaired, then totaled again, then repaired again all on the same city plow hitting him......

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

For some strange reason my truck actually works right at the moment. Its still damaged from the city truck hitting me.
    Now my plow, it is once again broke and still damaged from the city plow also.

Maybe next winter will be better :bluebounc

7. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Time to find a lawyer!

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

We get to go to court monday about it :gunsfiring:

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

well your crap rubbed off on me....i got issues with mine....

but i ain't coming on the net to whine about it.....lol

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Mark do you have any pics of your truck and plow all beat up?

11. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

The moderator had pulled the pict because as it turns out it was ......

wagon.jpg

12. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I knew it was only a matter of time with that 6.oh no! :salute:

13. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Well my truck runs and drives and works fine minus the body damage. My plow also works fine, but only on my friends truck. Apparently there is something wrong with the wiring harness on my truck. We switched relays, solenoids, and the grill plugs and so far nothing has been fixed. The plow will not angle or raise and the only lights that we can get to work on it are the amber turn/harzard lights.

And once again its snowing:bluebounc

15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Mark, its crazy, litterely when your truck breaks it snows!

I wish i could afford to just pay you monthly to not fix your truck

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats the best idea yet. I probably will make more money with a broken truck than I have been able to this year with the limited time that my plow and truck have actually been either fixed or not at the body shop.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

New problem ( this is never ending)
    When I hook my plow up to the truck the only lights that work are the amber turn signals and they seem dimmer than normal. We cannot get the high or low beams on the plow to work. My dad and I have the lights custom wired but even after we checked everything we changed from factory they still do not work. Also the plow will not raise or angle but the solenoid "buzzes". We replaced the relays, one of the truck grill plugs, checked the grounds, and replaced the solenoid and still nothing. My friend has a truck with a full unimount set up minus the blade and if he hooks up to my plow it works perfect. Could the wiring harness on my truck have gone bad?:help:

18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Mark when you got the truck the plow worked fine until you and your dad worked on those lights.

No matter you say you put everything back the way it was it is obvious you did not.

Now you say you have them "custom wired"?

There is only one way to wire headlights.
    The correct way.

Stop working on your truck before you end up selling it for scrap.

Ever hear the expression of K.I.S.S.?

or
    If it ain't broke don't fix it?

You should heed those 2 sayings as if they were your motto.

I feel sorry for your truck.
    Poor truck.

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My plow lights never worked right from the start.
    The way we have them wired is there is two switches attached the the fan shroud under the hood, when they are flipped back toward the cab I have truck lights and only truck lights, when I flip them toward the plow I then have ambers on the truck and full plow lights. For some reason when I got this plow the lights would not automatically jump from the truck to the plow when you plugged the connectors together. The plow would work but the lights would not work on the plow. The truck that my plow came off of was a 95 without day time running lights. My truck is a 98 with day time running lights, that is the only difference that could have caused problems.

20. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Don't the Westerns use a isolation switch to change the lights to the plow? That is probably bad, not the DRL thing.